IDEX Global Business Development Director (remote) in Cedar Falls, Iowa
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
This position will successfully guide and stimulate the growth and profitability of the Viking Biopharma Segment, including providing strategic and tactical/day-to-day leadership of the global Biopharma team.
Leads strategic and business development initiatives for Viking Pump Biopharma team, developing and executing a strategy for transformational growth and diversification. Leads team to seek new business opportunities through primary and secondary research; customer and market VOC; collection/recording of development opportunities in CRM; evaluation and prioritization of new product. market, technology, customer opportunities. Drives an inquisitive mindset that will allow for a deeper understanding of customer needs to cultivate new business, new products and/or new adjacencies for growth. Continually drives to deliver revenue and profit targets with base/existing customers, as well as meeting or exceeding incremental growth targets. Leads inorganic funnel build, prospecting, and cultivation efforts for Biopharma flow control opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership, Talent, and Team Development
o Develops an effective team-based culture where the team focuses on the critical few, achieves its commitments and wins with an outstanding, inclusive approach that is demonstrative of IDEX Core Values
o Fosters a spirit of success through routine milestone achievements.
o Encourages stretch thinking to drive breakthrough results.
o Establishes a continuous improvement mindset supported by strong execution.
o Passionately promotes employee development.
o Acquires the right talent and builds/maintains discipline around talent management within the team.
Order Attainment and Sales Leadership
o Directs dedicated sales management on key strategic customers/targets.
o Leads and coordinates efforts around global sales channels, including channel diversification and channel synergies with other IDEX Biopharma businesses.
o Develops, prioritizes, and drives top growth initiatives globally.
o Oversees orders and sales forecasts; develops and implements plans required to achieve or surpass forecasted results.
o Works with shared process owners to ensure that KPIs are collected to monitor progress.
o Visits distribution and OEM partners to monitor execution of commercial strategy and collect segment VOC.
o Identifies new business opportunities, including but not limited to: new products, applications, technologies, markets, customers, and adjacencies
o Develops strategic and tactical plans to support and deliver growth and profit objectives.
o Guides the prioritization of new product opportunities and recommends development plans.
o Builds robust funnel of inorganic (acquisition) opportunities; works with IDEX Corporate Development to prioritize and align
o Enables legal compliance, accounting controls, financial planning and forecasting, human resource review and employee communications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• BS in Engineering or Business. MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a global leadership role.
• Product/business development experience in biopharma processing equipment or components required
• Proven track record, demonstrated by a progressive level of growth in responsibility and successful demonstration of leadership/business competencies.
• Experience developing strategic plans, and deploying strategy via annual operating plans
• Excellent business and commercial acumen.
• The successful candidate should be a true change agent, driven by the principles of continuous improvement.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills, planning skills and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Selling and relationship skills.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, including +50% overnight stays
• Team builder, visionary and motivational skills, a problem solver, and action oriented.
• Extensive global business experience, with a strong commercial background, ability to lead teams to effectively influence differing channels (Distribution, OEM, EPC, Direct) across regions, geographies, and cultures
• Outstanding large customer facing communications and interaction skills; ability to seek out, network and develop relationships with industry thought leaders, third parties, and other Biopharma experts.
• A “hands on” professional who leads by example and motivates individuals at Viking – at all levels – to strive for success and excellence.
• Strong management and supervisory skills.
• An anticipatory style that enables him/her to advise management, and to identify problems and opportunities at early stages
• A team player, willing to subjugate his/her own ego for the good of the common goal.
• Highly collaborative; able to work in a decentralized, matrix environment, working closely with other Business and Sales Management counterparts, other IDEX business units, other Viking cross-functions as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to move within office and manufacturing sites, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
• Ability to move within product installation sites and customer locations.
• Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
• Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Job Family: General Management
Business Unit: Viking Pump
Job Segment: FMT Fluid & Metering Technologies